Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weekday Breakfast #2


It goes without saying that winter in Canada isn't exactly the greatest for local fresh fruit, and that is challenging when it comes to trying to pack lots of food groups into breakfast. Today I thought that I would throw together something simple and tasty that covered at least three food groups not involving any fruit.

Yogurt is one of my favourite foods. After all the rave reviews from Brooke's post, I decided to pick up some Liberté Méditerranée yogurt in my favourite flavour: vanilla. I punched it up in true European fashion by topping it with some nice granola, almond slices, and some flax seeds. It almost feels like eating a breakfast sundae! To get the most out of the flax seeds, give them a little bashing with your mortar and pestle, or they will just go right through you. Alternately, I sometimes throw in walnuts as opposed to the almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment