Friday, May 29, 2009

Asparagus and Goat Cheese Omelets

Forgive me, I have taken many many photos of my tiny asparagus crop. It came up early when we had a quick burst of good weather, and then most of it proceeded to wither when the late spring snow came. Darn it! This was supposed to be my first good harvest after putting in the three patient years from putting in the seeds. I do see some new stubs pushing their way out this week, so I may still double (or triple!) my sad little harvest, but I don't expect a lot now. The small quantity made what I did get seem so valuable that I had to take lots of pictures, and then I had to think of something to do with what amounted to four stalks a piece for my husband and I, and thus two asparagus and goat cheese omelets hit the pan.

All I did was brush the asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and roast it for 3 minutes at 500 F. Then I folded them into the middle of an omelet with a sprinkling of goat cheese. I also topped the omelets with a bit of crumbled goat cheese because goat cheese is so tasty, that a little extra never hurts. Look at the little ends waving to me from inside, proud to have been the ones up early enough to be cut prior to the snow. I know, I need to move past this!

2 comments:

  1. Elna Edgar said that the snow and frost shouldn't kill your crop, the aspragus may just need a few more days to recover and some new spears will come up. Have faith, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eating a lot of asparagus lately too, it's delish. And I really like your plate!

    ReplyDelete