Monday, July 12, 2010

Simple Pork Wrap


Celebration! I have a new computer! My old one crapped out a while ago, and I am finally getting going with my new one, but it will take some time to transfer all my photos and files over. Really it's great though because I have so much spare time to do stuff like that - haha. I have now put that task on my husband's to do list. As seems to be the case all the time now, I have been keeping things simple on the cooking side. The other day I made a pork tenderloin crusted in rosemary, thyme, oregano, and whole grain mustard. I love making little roasts because they leave me with great leftovers for lunches. I made a little variation on an old favourite proscuitto sandwich of mine.

Basically the elements end up being very similar. I used sliced pork instead of proscuitto, a pesto wrap instead of the ciabatta bun, stuck with the apple and sharp cheddar, and added in a mix of spinach and baby kale from my garden. Simple, healthy, and easy to eat with one hand (which is a major bonus for me these days since I can now do most things around my house one handed).

2 comments:

  1. Looks very tasty and healthy. Added plus that it's easy to make, thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say simple - I say not so simple... who would think of this.... only creative YOU! What a yummy idea! Maybe simple to make, but not so simple to come up with the concept. Great inspiration!
    :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete