Monday, March 16, 2009

Green Tea Sugar Cookies


I looove the flavour of matcha, so with St. Patrick's Day coming up I thought it would be a great time to try adding it to some cookies - only using half of my dough in case they weren't to my liking. Luckily (or not), they turned out to be so moreish that I have had a hard time keeping my hands off them.

The recipe is the same as the one for yesterday's Sugar Cookies, just omitting the vanilla and adding 1-1.5 tbsp matcha green tea powder. I ended up adding about 2 tbsp extra butter to this version to add a little extra moisture. For the icing, I added 1 tsp matcha powder to 1 cup icing sugar and 1-2 tbsp water.

That's my dad rolling below... I always try to pass off any kneading/rolling required because I'm lazy.

4 comments:

  1. Can I assume that this is a super food since it has matcha powder? Or, at the very least, can I tell myself that this is a super food, and therefore okay to eat in large quantities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to make some matcha cookies, those look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love matcha powder aka green tea drinks. The thing is i soo want to make matcha cookies or matcha ice cream BUT.. its expensive to buy matcha powder for just a small bag even. Not sure were to buy it for a good price

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard the best value on matcha powder is to buy it online. It is definitely expensive, but I just picked it up at the local asian grocers - the smallest size tin was about $7.

    ReplyDelete