Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cafe Des Beaux Arts (Palm Dessert, CA)

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I LOVE California in the winter. The other day we went shopping along El Paseo to see what kind of stuff we would be buying on our trip if we were rich. We took a little break mid day to have lunch at Cafe des Beaux Arts. My review will be short and sweet - vacation style.

It was a nice lunch, but nothing spectacular for the price. The real draw is getting to sit in the sun and people watch. Norm and mom had the smoked turkey croissants with cheese and the usual fixings. They both found it to be pretty standard. I had curried turkey salad on top of a papaya, and other melons. It was good, but seeing as it was the special, I didn't get the full description, so I didn't realize that it would be packed full of raisins - gasp! (I am not a raisin fan, but ate them anyway). It was nice and light, and the fruit was a nice touch at lunch, but the turkey salad didn't have much curry flavor to it at all. I guess it is meant to be subtle and therefore appeal to those that don't want a ton of curry, but if I am ordering curried anything, I generally want a fair amount of curry flavor. Lunch entrees ran around the $12-15 mark, which is a bit pricey for lunch in my books, but I guess we were in an area of town where that should be expected. For the price though, I would rather eat mom's lobster mac and cheese from the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment