Friday, January 30, 2009

Perfect Peppery Potatoes


I love, love, love potatoes. And bread. And rice. Basically, if it's carbs I'm all over it. I could probably post at least a fortnight's worth of different potato recipes, but I don't think my waistline would thank me. While Court is chillin' down south, I'm "chilling" here and sticking with winter comfort foods.

For these, it's best to use the smallest baby potatoes you can find as you can then eat them whole. I love the feeling of breaking through the crisp skin to find perfect fluffy potato inside. Pepper is extremely under-rated as a seasoning, and it's used to fabulous effect here. If you're cooking for anyone who doesn't like things spicy, you'll have to tone it down a bit.

Roast Potatoes:
680 g/1.5 lbs baby potatoes
a few glugs of olive oil
lots of freshly ground sea salt & black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400F/200C, and place your baking dish inside to preheat as well. Add all the ingredients to the dish and toss around to coat. If you're unsure on how much salt & pepper to use, just keep going until it looks like too much. These are really spicy, and I like to open up the grinder so the pepper is grounder more coarsely than usual. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. It's the glugs of olive oil that we adore!

    ReplyDelete