These are great foodie gadgets that would be perfect for gifts or stocking stuffers!
Brooke's Top 5 (+1):
1. Cooking Chopsticks - They replace a bunch of tools as they can be used for mixing, flipping/grabbing, or piercing.
2. Scale - Invaluable! It gives me the ability to try European recipes and is great for controlling portion sizes.
3. Mini Nesting Bowls - I love creating a mise en place when I cook, and using these means I can have everything ready to go.
4. Microplane - What did I do before I had this? It perfectly grates peel, cheese, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, etc. etc.
5. Mortar & Pestle - This is great because I make my own salad dressings, and it works for rubs and marinades as well.
6. Assortment of Rice Moulds - I eat rice several times a week, often for lunch. These make it so easy to create portable, freezable snacks.
Court's Top 5:
1. Veggie Keeper - It really does help my garden veggies last way longer, which is invaluable for me since garden stuff is like gold.
2. Thermometer - Needed to make sure meat is cooked since I don't roast often with just two of us eating, so I don't know meat cook times.
3. Spaghetti Measure - I love it because I am terrible at estimating volume.
4. BBQ Skewers (really all BBQ tools) - These are perfect because I BBQ all summer since we don't have air conditioning, so I can have veggies done BBQ'd too.
5. Mini Food Processor - It is great for making pesto, grinding nuts, and doing anything that the big one does with smaller clean up and a smaller price tag.